100 self-care ideas to do a 30-day challenge for self-improvement!
Don’t let life get you down!
Try out these 100 self-care ideas to customize a 30-day self-care challenge to improve your mind, body, and finances.
Think of this self-care challenge as a self-improvement challenge.
In just 30 days you will improve your mind, body, and finances.
That’s right, I included finances because they seem to be one of our biggest stressors.
Now, there may be things on this challenge that simply don’t appeal to you and that is OK.
Think of this 30-Day self-improvement challenge as a way of sampling different habits and routines to see which ones make you feel the best.
Always remember, self-care is not selfish.
Don’t ever feel guilty about doing what is best for you.
The Purpose of A 30-Day Self-Improvement Challenge
The purpose of a 30-day self-care challenge is simple: try some new things for 30 days in hopes of starting some positive habits for your mind, body, and finances.
Why 30 days you may ask?
Because 30 days is doable!
It’s not too long to want to give up halfway through. Instead, it’s just the right amount of time to try out a new routine and form a habit.
That is why this 30-day challenge focuses on self-care.
The purpose of this challenge is to use these ideas to pick out what you want to do in your 30 days.
You may pick one thing and do that every day.
Or you may pick 10.
Just don’t overwhelm yourself and remember you are trying to focus on making your life better not more stressed.
30 Days Of Self-Care To Improve Your Life
Doing a 30-day self-care challenge will help you figure out exactly what self-care means to YOU!
I know when you hear the term “self-care” you picture being in a hot bath with cucumbers on your eyes, but would that really help you reset?
Some people may answer “yes” but other people need to make connections or to take away a stress point in their life.
This of this has a self help challenge!
If you are familiar with psychology, then you have probably heard of Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
It is a theory of motivation that explains what we all need and how we can grow once we start fulfilling these needs.
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Self Care
- Physiological: Meeting your basic needs – eating healthy, exercising, making your health a priority.
- Safety: Feeling safe and secure – getting organized and taking care of your surroundings.
- Belonging: Socializing and connecting with people – spending time with friends/family and joining social activities
- Esteem: Confidence in who you are – giving yourself positive affirmations and finding gratitude.
- Self-Actualization: Living your best life – meeting your goals and fulfilling your dreams.
Think of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and self-care as strings on a guitar. If any of your “strings” are “out of tune” your music will be off.
100 Ideas For A 30-Day Self-Improvement Challenge
Ideas to start your 30-day self-care challenge. Pick and choose the ones that are most appealing to you and then personalize your self-care challenge to be what will help you reset and find your inner peace.
1. Get a physical.
2. Stretch for 5 minutes when you get out of bed.
3. Download Sweatcoin to keep track and get paid for your daily steps – try to do 10,000 steps a day!
4. Add an extra serving of greens to every meal.
5. Pack fruit and veggies for a mid-day snack.
6. Make a doctor or dentist appointment for that “issue” you have been putting off.
7. Stop eating fast food for 30 days.
8. Drink lemon water upon waking.
10. Take a daily multi-vitamin – I take pure encapsulations because they are highly rated!
11. Give up alcohol for 30 days.
12. Park in the back of the parking lot to get in more steps.
13. Give up a bad habit – you know the one you need to give up.
14. Run a 5k – it doesn’t matter what place you are.
15. Start taking probiotics – I take these and they have helped my gut health tremendously!
16. Skip elevators and take the stairs.
17. Give up sugar – Not going to lie, it will be hard, but you will feel amazing in about 5 days.
18. Switch to all-natural products.
19. Take a lunchtime stroll.
20. Eat breakfast every single morning – preferably oatmeal with fruit.
21. Do the 4 minute HIIT workout every day for 30 days.
22. Floss EVERY SINGLE DAY!
23. Wake up an hour earlier every day.
24. Set a bedtime and stick to it.
25. Get a massage. You can’t find some great Deals of the Day on Groupon for massages.
26. Take yourself out for dessert.
27. Go swimming.
28. Try out a meal kit. I love the meals from HelloFresh. Skip the store lines & forget takeout. Get 2 free meals when you try HelloFresh! Eat fresh & healthy – Click here!
29. Spend some time in the sunshine. Vitamin D is essential for our health.
30. Take a detox bath.
32. Do a 20-minute clean-up of your home.
33. Do a quick clean-up of your car.
34. Do a quick clean-up of your workspace.
35. Install new batteries in your smoke detectors.
36. Check the tread on your tires.
37. Declutter a room of your home.
38. Make your bed every morning.
39. Change your air filters.
40. Declutter & downsize your wardrobe.
41. Give up plastic water bottles and buy a reusable one – this is the BEST insulated water bottle and it’s affordable!
42. Use sunscreen daily.
43. Organize your to-do list with the FREE app Cozi – it’s one of the best apps ever!
44. Get a soft new bedding set.
45. Diffuse an uplifting essential oil, this one is my favorite.
46. Buy some really comfortable shoes.
47. Go through your medicine cabinet and throw away anything expired.
48. Go through your make-up and personal care products and throw away anything older than 6 months.
49. Try to start a new healthy habit. Here are 5 habits that are guaranteed to bring you success.
51. Look into starting an easy side hustle to make extra cash.
52. Connect with an old friend.
53. Volunteer in the community.
54. Visit an older relative.
55. Join a dance class.
56. Call a family member you haven’t spoken to in a while.
57. Try a new workout class.
58. Send a card to a long-distance friend.
59. Have dinner with your parents.
60. Join a book club.
61. Take your dog to the dog park.
62. Take a brewery tour.
63. Go wine-tasting.
64. Join a flash mob.
65. Attend an art exhibition.
66. Take your laptop to the local coffee shop.
67. Find a church or religious community.
68. Throw a party.
69. Go to a poetry reading.
70. Host your friend’s MLM party.
71. Go to your local farmer’s market.
72. Connect with a neighbor.
73. Go to the local library and check out a book.
74. Take a cooking class.
75. Go somewhere with a beautiful view.
76. Identify what brings you joy.
77. Create a vision board.
78. Make a list of your stress points.
79. Create a playlist of songs that make you feel good.
80. Say “no” to something you don’t want to do.
81. Listen to do a self-improvement podcast.
82. Forgive yourself for something you may have done before you knew better.
83. Do a social media detox.
84. Let go of a grudge and try to forgive.
85. Make a nighttime routine.
86. Do a random act of kindness.
87. Answer: What keeps you up at night?
88. Watch an uplifting TedTalk.
89. Start a gratitude journal.
90. Research someone who inspires you.
91. Try meditation.
92. Reflect on your life – Are you who you want to be?
93. Write down the goals you have attained.
94. Write down a list of future goals.
95. Write down 10 things that make you happy. Make a happy jar!
96. Write down 5 words that describe you.
97. Decide what you want to bring into your life.
98. Answer: What would you be doing if money wasn’t an issue?
99. Take a class about something you have always wanted to know. CreativeLive offers Free Live Online Classes for every interest.
100. Reflect on what makes you feel loved.
Importance Of Self Care Challenge
We spend entirely too much time not taking care of ourselves.
In this day and age when we spread ourselves so thin giving to others, we often forget about ourselves.
We really need to learn the art of balance between being selfish and selfless.
We need to focus more on our well-being and what brings us joy.
Remember, anything that takes you out of the rat race and brings you back to your center is a good thing.
If you would like to have a free Self Care Q&A printable to help you get started on your journey then be sure to grab yours in the FREE Resource Library.