Bored at home? Take this time to work on improving your life and catch up on all the things you have put off doing!
Wow, what a time we live in! Who would have thought that “social distancing” would be the norm for 2020.
As alone as it feels, just remember, the whole world is experiencing this “new way of life”.
None of us are used to this. In fact, it’s hard!
Most of us don’t even know what to do with ourselves.
At first, the thought of staying home wasn’t a big deal.
However, I think we all can agree that after a few weeks into it, and hearing that it could last for several months longer, it has become pretty boring.
As hard as social distancing is, we must do it! For our safety and the ones we love!
We truly are all in this together!
That being said, staying home can make anyone a little stir crazy. It doesn’t matter if you are alone or living with 10 people, everyone gets bored at home.
So let’s take this time and put it to some good use 🙂
If you want to take this time to be productive, motivated, inspired or just be lazy, this list has you covered!
100 Things To Do When Bored At Home
1. Watch a sunrise and sunset.
2. Look through and old photo album. Or create a new photo album.
3. Listen to some of your favorite jams from high-school.
4. Start a gratitude journal.
5. Start a blog. For real! There is no better time than now! It is much easier than you think. Read how to blog for money.
6. Make a cocktail.
7.Organize your closet.
8. Clean your makeup brushes and go through all your old beauty products.
9. Start an herb garden.
10. Binge watch some Netflix or Hulu. My husband and I just started watching The Handmaid’s Tale for the first time (I know we are so behind!) and I am obsessed!
11. Tie-dye a t-shirt.
12. Watch “Some Good News” with John Kraskinski. If you already love him from his days at the Office, you will love his new YouTube channel that sheds light on all the GOOD things happening in the world!
13. Call a family member that you haven’t talk to you in a long time.
14. Write a bucket list.
15. Write a poem.
16. Write a book.
17. Write a screen-play.
18. Write anything!! Because it’s good for you to get your ideas and emotions out.
19. Plan a road trip for when all of this is over.
20. Clean your appliances. Have you ever cleaned the toaster crumb trap before???
21. Dance! I danced around in my kitchen yesterday to some classic rock and it felt GREAT!
22. Bake a cake.
23. Start a DIY project.
24. Do yoga.
25. Read a new book.
26. Rearrange the furniture.
27. Learn a new skill! Creative Live has so many FREE video tutorials for things like photography and writing.
28. Start a money saving challenge. The Reverse Penny Challenge is an easy one!
29. Take bubble bath, complete with candles and music.
30. Look up cool tattoo ideas.
31. Go outside.
33. Cuddle with someone.
35. Play a board game.
37. Call an old friend.
38. Learn a new dance.
39. Bake cookies.
40. Learn a new language.
41. Try calligraphy.
42. Make an Amazon wish-list.
43. Give yourself a mani/pedi.
44. Organize under all the sinks.
45. Feng Shui your place.
46. Paint your room.
47. Paint a piece of furniture.
48. Spring clean.
49. Make some money from your phone by playing games.
50. Have a picnic in your yard.
51. Color. Adult coloring books are really relaxing!
52. Watch some inspiring TED Talks.
53. Make chocolate covered strawberries. Or just make chocolate covered anything, because you can’t go wrong with chocolate!
54. Listen to a podcast.
55. Experiment with your hair.
56. Make a vision board.
57. Write a letter or email to a local politician about something you feel should change.
58. Organize your room.
59. Watch a documentary.
60. Make a time capsule and bury it in your back yard.
61. Do some online shopping.
62. Make some extra cash. Check out this list of 10 EASY ways to make money from home with no experience.
63. Go through and clean up the photos and screen shots on your phone.
64. Change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
65. Start a budget! Check out these 15 money saving hacks for millennials.
66. Make a to-do list.
67. Teach your pet a trick.
68. Learn an instrument. YouTube has plenty of tutorials.
69. Camp out in your backyard.
70. Watch for shooting stars.
71. Watch one of your all time favorite movies again.
72. Write down all your strengths.
74. Watch an old home video.
75. Ask your mom what her favorite movie or book is. Then watch it or read it.
76. Bird watch.
77. Play a card game.
78. Learn a magic trick.
79. Create a playlist.
80. Make origami.
81. Learn how to knit or crochet.
82. Create a scrapbook.
83. Research your family tree.
84. Take a personality test.
85. Learn how to invest your money.
86. Empty your inbox.
87. Make a DIY face mask.
88. Look up inspiring quotes and write them down.
89. Do a science experiment.
90. Update your resume.
91. Try these habits of highly successful people.
92. Research your dream job.
93. Look into getting a side hustle.
94. Clean up your social media.
95. Lose weight. Check out how you can get paid to shed pounds.
96. Facetime a friend.
97. Start living your life with more intention by stopping these bad habits.
98.Make some hot chocolate.
99. Earn free gift cards.
100. Make a list of goals!
Stay positive my friends! Remember, this too shall pass.
If you want to stay up-to-date on new Money-Making Ideas then sign up here to never miss a chance to add some cash to your pocket!